MSCU Honors Six Graduating Students for Their Community Commitment
2019 Community Service Scholarship Winners Announced
On an annual basis, Mutual Security Credit Union proudly grants 6 deserving students a scholarship for $1,000.00 to help them reach their scholastic and professional goals. These community service scholarships are awarded in memory of Berny Klaus and Joseph G. Fernandes, two former MSCU volunteers, who selflessly contributed to the community.
MSCU is honored to recognize the following high school students who, like our volunteers, have dedicated their time to helping others in their community:
- Julia Andronowitz (Monroe) will be attending the University of Connecticut.
- Sydney Benoit (Thomaston) will be attending the University of Tampa.
- Sarah Bernstein (Norwalk) will be attending Brandeis University.
- Naime Gilani (Thomaston) will be attending the University of Connecticut.
- Emily Golding (West Haven) will be attending Boston College.
- Sandra Mai (Trumbull) will be attending the University of Connecticut.
“Elevating our community is at the heart of who we are as an organization, so it is a natural fit for us to reward students who are doing the same thing,” says President Hank Baum. “We congratulate all of our applicants and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors!”
Scholarships are awarded to students who have given selflessly of themselves to improve their community, are in good academic standing and have demonstrated financial need. Students and/or parents must be a current member of MSCU. The scholarship is announced every January with the deadline in April. For more information, please visit our youth account page.