Five Holiday Car Care Tips
The last thing you need during the busy holiday travel season is car trouble. That’s why the industry experts at BMW of Ridgefield and BMW of Bridgeport have put together these five easy-to-follow tips for preparing your car for travel duty:
- Whether your trip is 50 or 500 miles, take time to check, change or top-off your oil, coolant, brake and transmission fluids. This helps important car systems to perform well.
- If your windshield wipers are not working well or are more than six months old, it's a good idea to replace them. Bad windshield wipers make driving in the rain on unfamiliar roads more dangerous.
- Have your tires checked and consider having them rotated. Err on the side of caution by replacing any tires that look suspect, as tire blow-outs can be dangerous. Replacing a flat tire while on your trip can also deflate an enjoyable family getaway.
- Check your headlights and taillights to make sure all are working. New bulbs are easy to install, inexpensive, improve visibility and safety. Importantly, in most states you can also receive a traffic violation for a non-working vehicle exterior light.
- Perhaps the most simple and often forgotten pre-road trip tip is to clean your windows on the inside and out to increase visibility. During the holidays, many are traveling on unfamiliar roads and often in the dark, so having good visibility is important.
In addition to helping drivers find the perfect vehicle match for every budget, BMW of Bridgeport also boasts a state-of-the-art auto repair shop where their highly skilled team of technicians can help you get ready for your holiday travel whether it’s simple routine maintenance or another service, such as auto-glass repairs, transmission repairs, and wheel repairs. And, for drivers who prefer to work on their BMW themselves, they have a variety of manufacturer-certified parts (i.e., oil filters, batteries, windshield wipers…).
Or if you’re looking to treat yourself to a new (or new to you) car this holiday season, BMW of Ridgefield has the largest inventory of certified pre-owned BMWs in Connecticut all backed with a 5 year unlimited mile warranty. MSCU is proud to partner with both locations to offer financing to their customers.
Drive carefully, and have a safe holiday season!