Holiday hosting can be super-stressful — and expensive. This year, with prices soaring, breaking...
MSCU Update: Seasons of Change
When you live in the northeast, each season has its own charm—but nothing beats a New England fall. Golden yellow, sunburnt orange, and ruby reds appear all over the landscapes and the cool crisp air has you reaching for your favorite sweater. Fall’s transformation reminds us of the constant change in our lives and the ability we have to create change for others. It’s empowering and yet humbling.
Credit unions have always been exceptionally agile to pivot and change direction based upon current and future needs or adapting to the changes our communities are experiencing. As a member-owner, your feedback greatly helps drive the changes we make to better serve you. That’s the credit union difference!
This year, Mutual Security Credit Union has made exciting changes to improve the ways we help elevate your financial well-being. From additional resources and financial solutions, to added convenience and security, we took your feedback and needs seriously. A few to highlight are:
- Digital Financial Wellness Tools: You’ve likely noticed a lot of changes to your MSCU Digital Banking experience. Over the last few months, we successfully integrated financial wellness “widgets” in Digital Banking to enable you to analyze your spending, project spend forecasts to budget appropriately, and access to a detailed financial health checkup report.
- Financial Independence Training (FIT) Program: Whether you need help developing a budget or a plan to reach a particular goal, MSCU’s FIT program consists of multiple resources including financial education workshops, personalized products, and the option to work with a certified financial counselor to elevate your financial skills to help you meet every stage of your life. Simply contact us to learn more!
- Expanded Bilingual Member Service: Tu preguntaste, nosotras escuchamos! We are proud to say all our locations now have bilingual staff available to ensure your banking is done in your preferred language of Spanish or English.
- Added Convenience: We’re pleased to let you know if you need to come to our Watertown branch you won’t even have to get out of your car as we’re adding a drive-thru. (Rest-assure our Watertown branch is fully open to serve your needs during construction.)
- Enhanced Security: As fraud and security threats increase, keeping your financial accounts and information is more important than ever. We’ve employed the latest technology to safeguard your accounts and encourage you to take an active role too by utilizing the two-factor authentication, card controls, and account alerts available to you in digital banking.
In the months ahead, MSCU’s search for ways to improve the financial well-being for you and our community will continue. As we continue to grow, we operate from a position of strength and community with over $340 million in assets, 29,000 members, and a full-service staff that are dedicated to creating prosperity and success for our membership.
Speaking of the dedicated MSCU staff, I’d like to take a moment to recognize them for living out our mission and values. Just this year alone they have spent over 700 hours volunteering at local non-profits and continually work together to ensure exceptional member service!
With the season of giving upon us, MSCU was proud to have hosted our Annual October Food Drive capped off with a Shred Day event in Watertown to benefit local food pantries. This was a wonderful opportunity to make an impact to those who need it most and securely shred any of your sensitive unwanted documents. Our members delivered! We had one of the most successful food drives and donations ever! Thank you for your generosity!
Warm wishes for the upcoming holidays. Please remember that your credit union is here for all your life’s changes of the seasons. We want to hear from you! If there’s anything additional myself or my staff can do, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Warm wishes for the upcoming holidays,