Griffin Hospital's Safe Kids Greater Naugatuck Valley Coalition educates children and adults on a...
Celebrating 70 Years of Community Commitment and Financial Excellence!
As we celebrate our 70th Anniversary, it is fantastic to see from where we started, how far we have come, and where we are going in the future…
Let’s take a look!
- Mutual Security opens its doors as the employee credit union of The Perkin Elmer Corporation.
- Mutual Security becomes a federal credit union and opens a branch at 77 Danbury Road in Wilton, Connecticut.
- Mutual Security merges with the Boehringer-Ingelheim Credit Union and opens its’ branch location at 900 Ridgebury Road.
- Mutual Security opens our Brookfield Branch on Candlewood Road.
- Mutual Security Credit Union becomes a Community Chartered Credit Union welcoming members from Fairfield and Litchfield Counties.
- Mutual Security merges with Norwalk Educational Credit Union, and we open our Norwalk Branch located at 404 Westport Avenue.
- Mutual Security Celebrates our Golden Jubilee – 50 Years of “People Helping People”..
- Mutual Security opens our Danbury Branch located at 97 Newtown Road
- Mutual Security Credit Union merges with Main Street Members Credit Union, and we open our Stratford Branch located at 6580 Main Street
- Mutual Security proudly cuts the ribbon on our Corporate Center branch at 39 Old Ridgebury Road
- Mutual Security opens our Norwalk High School branch location
- Mutual Security merges with Technology Groups Federal Credit Union, which expanded our charter to include Fairfield, Litchfield, and New Haven Counties, and we opened our Watertown Branch located at 764 Straits Turnpike.
- The B A E Systems branch at 250 Knotter Drive is re-opened as Mutual Security Credit Union
- Mutual Security opens our New Fairfield High School Branch located at 54 Gillotti Road
- Mutual Security celebrates 55 years of service
- Mutual Security relocates Headquarters to 12 Progress Drive, Shelton to better serve our members
- Mutual Security celebrates the Grand Re-Opening of our newly relocated Norwalk Branch at 295 Westport Avenue
- Mutual Security merges our Brookfield and Danbury locations
- Mutual Security merges with Connecticut Energy Employees Federal Credit Union
- Mutual Security initiates our eSolutions Computer Core Upgrade
- Mutual Security celebrates 60 years of service
- Mutual Security reaches a milestone, originating over 3,000 mortgage loans since we started in 1994
- Mutual Security establishes a relationship with CT Greenbank, which would become one of the largest lenders for the state’s green initiative.
- Mutual Security expands our consumer finance program to include over 20 new retailers.
- Mutual Security opens the doors to the new Shelton branch location at 12 Progress Drive, home of our headquarters. In addition, we launched our million-dollar challenge and saved our members over $2,000,000!
- Mutual Security extends hours to serve members to ensure we’re available when they need us most
- Mutual Security unveils an improved logo and a brand-new website, including enhancements to our brand colors and fonts
- Mutual Security adds the ability for members to make deposits and loan payments from other financial institutions
- Mutual Security incorporates the ability for members to receive debit cards at all significant retail branch locations instantly
- Mutual Security celebrates 65 years of service
- Mutual Security opens doors and celebrates the Grand Opening of the new Norwalk Branch location at 541 Westport Avenue
- Mutual Security launches the Mutual Home Advantage Program, funding nearly $4M in low-down payment loans
- Mutual Security launches a new checking account suite with identity theft protection recovery
- Mutual Security responds and supports members as the COVID-19 Pandemic unfolded, including assembling COVID-19 Relief options, including emergency life-line loans, mortgage relief programs, and skip-a-pay
- Mutual Security merges with Consolidated Controls Corp. Federal Credit Union
- Mutual Security conducts our first financial training initiative in Spanish
- Mutual Security adds a drive-thru to the Watertown branch
- Mutual Security opens doors and hosts Grand Opening for the new Shelton Branch and HQ location at 1000 Bridgeport Avenue
- Mutual Security unveils a refreshed website in English and Spanish
- Mutual Security offers Spanish services for Digital Banking, Telephone Banking, ATMs and Disclosures
- Mutual Security launches Direct Pay
- Mutual Security adds a new tiered savings account option
- Mutual Security adds a student loan program
Thank you for trusting us on your financial journey! We look forward to serving our members and communities for many more years.